Writing about Movies, TV, Comics & Toys. Critically and creatively.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Who Killed Rosie Larsen?

The premiere for AMC's new TV show The Killing literally just ended and I wanted to get some thoughts out before I forget anything.

Aesthetically the show is very well made, and the acting is top notch. The writing is obviously very well crafted and plotted, the mystery aspect is very strong.

The characters are good and unique. They seem more like real people, like we're more watching a documentary than a television series.

This is some well made TV.

The only thing wrong with tonight's premiere was they lumped the first 2 episodes into the 2 hour block and called it a "two hour premiere" and it started to feel long and I lost interest at about the 90 minute mark (it was quickly recovered).

As for who I think killed Rosie Larsen, it's tough to say at this point since we're only 2 Eps in, but my money is on Detective Holder, but I'm sure this will change.

Did you guys watch it? If not, watch it.

3 comments:

  1. i didnt catch this - seems promising though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked The Walking Dead from AMC. I haven't caught this yet but I would definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to watch it then.

    ReplyDelete