Writing about Movies, TV, Comics & Toys. Critically and creatively.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Movies 21, 22, 23, and 24

I'll be doing quick reviews for the movies I saw in my spare time over the weekend, I'll try and be as in depth with so few words as possible.

Movie #21 Legion


Very interesting script, lots of good and different ideas. Solid action scenes and very convincing performances. Not too many scares to be found, but there are a few. I really liked this movie, but I am a fan of religious themed movies and I do like seeing action like this movie has. I highly recommend it.


Movie #22 Children of the Corn
Could have been a good movie if it was just about the kids in my opinion. None of the scares seem to be long lasting, lots of quick jumpy parts, though some are affective. Very poorly directed, and had a lot of potential to be chilling and scary. Was an okay movie over all but could have been better, I'm interested to see the sequels and go in with the sequel mindset (IE: This will be ridiculous but boy will it be fun to watch).

Movie #23 Blood: The Last Vampire
It isn't clever to make a half vampire half human characters anymore, don't do it. The movie has some well shot action scenes, but it's inability to have a cohesive interesting story leaves it flat on the floor. The special effects are dopey, uses cheap looking CG as opposed to passable practical effects. A stupid movie with some good action scenes.

Movie #24 Night of the Comet

Very interesting end of the world movie, goes in favor of what would probably actually happen as opposed to a hyper stylized version of hell on earth. Very goofy and very 80s, only scary scene had nothing to do with either of the main antagonists in the "story". An interesting movie none the less, I'd only watch it again whitest playing a drinking game though, but I definitely didn't hate it.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Legion and didn't quite know what to think about it. It was different from what I was expecting, which was a whole movie like the scene with the old lady in the diner. Imagine my surprise when the film actually had some direction. Overall I definitely enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete